Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sculpture: Painted Faces, Blind Masks









For my Sculpture class we had to complete a project involving casting at least three duplicates of an object by creating a plaster mold of it and casting the duplicates in densite. I chose a mask, which I had to fill in with clay because of how thin it was otherwise.

Once I'd done all that, I had six near-identical masks, so I decided I wanted to paint them to see if I could make them each look very different from each other, so you couldn't tell they were the same face. After that I chose to blindfold all the masks for cohesion, and because I wanted to play with the concept of sight and the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

All images are copyright Genevieve Alberti, please do not distribute, copy, or share without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment