Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Digital Art: Sedimentary Storybook

I just finished creating this for a geology-themed class of mine. It was a group project, and since we couldn't think of anything else we decided to make a childrens book about sedimentary rocks, conveying information about the creation and transportation of sediment and the eventual formation of sedimentary rock in such a way that a kid could read it and not know they're being educated.  I ended up doing most of the work for the project, but I kind of set myself up for it and took it as a challenge, so I can't blame it on my teammates (who were also very nice people and would've probably taken on more of it themselves if I hadn't taken over everything).

 Over the process of making this, I came to realize some things about myself. First, I may not be so totally hopeless at storyboarding and storytelling with images as I believed before. I also discovered that I'm much more at ease with working on big comic-like art projects if they don't involve humans or animals, since it gets rid of a lot of feelings of worry about proportions and realistic potrayal. Give me an inanimate object like a rock, however, and I'm fine.

Anyways, here it is! I created it entirely in photoshop, and it's pretty much entirely vector masks and gradients. I hope you like it!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment