Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Legendary Angel: Some Good Advice

<--(read right to left)<--

Kitano, from Angel Densetsu, speaks some words of wisdom. I liked this panel - it made me think of tarot cards like the Ten of Swords, and a good amount of the Major Arcana. It's a very sound message.


I've just begun to re-reading this manga, and I'd forgotten just how much I loved it. It's really funny, and it's got action so over-the-top that most scenes of violence become comedic, and the art is very dynamic and has good contrasts. I found this tarot-ish panel, and I thought I'd share it, partly as an excuse to plug this.


The premise is that the main character, Kitano Seichirou, is a boy with a heart of an innocent and kind angel, but the face of a terrible, villainous demon. Through many hilarious misunderstandings, the clueless Kitano becomes infamous for being a violent and terrifying gang boss at his school. However, his innate goodness shines through his frightening features, and he does eventually end up making good friends who see him for what he is, and not what he looks like.

I always enjoy reading this story, and I highly recommend it. I've read some manga with very similar premises, but this one is by far my favorite in terms of the characters and the execution of the art and story.

No comments:

Post a Comment