Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tarot Fashion: Magician and Strength

 The result of working with the Rider Waite Tarot deck closely after watching too many fashion design themed reality television shows. The costumes in the Rider Waite deck are really inspiring to me in a lot of different ways, and in this case it gave me ideas for clothes. I'm no fashion designer, so these may not be any good, I just needed to get them out of my head.

The top image is a modernized take on the dress of the female figure in Strength, while the bottom image is a modernized take on The Magician's outfit. I really, REALLY want an ouroboros belt like the one I created for him. I would pay good money for it, even just for a belt buckle that looks like a snake head seen from the top like that.

All images are copyright Genevieve Alberti, please do not redistribute without linking back here and giving credit, and do not distribute commercially without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment